Zimbabwe today recorded 10 coronavirus deaths up from two yesterday as President Emmerson Mnangagwa extended the level 4 lockdown by two weeks saying the number of active cases and deaths was still too high.
There were, however, only 50 new cases and 158 recoveries resulting in the number of active cases dropping to 3 053.
The country has so far recorded 35 222 cases, 30 759 recoveries and 1 410 deaths.
The recovery rate now stands at 87.3%. It was down to 54% at one time in January.
Harare now has 1 330 active cases, followed by Manicaland with 560, Mashonaland West 361 and Bulawayo 221.
Some of the highlights of the lockdown are:
- Hours of business now from 8 to 5pm
- Curfew from 8 pm to 5:30am
- No intercity travel
- Funerals maximum 30 people
- Government workers to be 25% of workforce up from 10%
- Judiciary to open for urgent cases
- All attending courts to be tested
- Markets remain open
- Informal sector to open when having satisfied the WHO guidelines
- Schools to remain closed