According to the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe, the country earned US$5.4 billion in the first six months of this year an increase of 34% from last year.
Exports were up 47% to US$3.5 billion while diaspora remittances increased by 23% to US$797.3 million.
Below are the 15 African countries that earn the highest forex through exports.
- South Africa: US$130.6 billion
- Nigeria: US$63.7 billion
- Angola: US$27.5 billion
- Ghana: US$23.2 billion
- Democratic Republic of Congo: US$21.6 billion
- Ivory Coast: US$18.1 billion
- Kenya: US$11.7 billion
- Zambia: US$11.6 billion
- Tanzania: US$9.7 billion
- Republic of Congo: US$9.4 billion
- Guinea: US$8.5 billion
- Ethiopia: US$8.4 billion
- Cameroon: US$8 billion
- Zimbabwe: US$6.7 billion
- Senegal: US$6.1 billion- Business Insider Africa/Own