The ranking is based on how many countries a country accepts without a visa, with a visa on arrival or with an electronic travel authorisation.
It is beaten by five countries in the Southern African Development Community:
- Angola and Malawi both at number 1 with 198 countries,
- Lesotho at number 5 with 194 countries,
- Mozambique at number 7 with 192 and
- Tanzania at number 13 with 169.
Zimbabwe beats South Africa which is placed number 55 with 83 countries,
- Zambia at number 26 with 136,
- Botswana number 38 with 103,
- Namibia at 43 with 96 and
- Eswatini at 46 with 93.