Former Police Commissioner Augustine Chihuri is reported to have amassed a lot of properties while at the helm of the force. The State is now freezing the properties pending the outcome of investigations into charges that he diverted over US$32 million of public funds into family companies. It has so far identified six companies and 23 properties.
The companies listed so far are:
- Croxile Investments,
- Adamah Enterprises,
- Mastermedia (Pvt) Ltd,
- Mastaw Investments,
- Rash Marketing, and
- Rewstand Enterprises.
Properties identified so far are:
- 10 Stafford Road, Mt Pleasant, Harare
- 1 Bure Close, Stathaven, Harare.
- 8 St Aubins Close, Chisipite, Harare.
- 29 Carsberg Avenue, Alexandra Park, Harare.
- Lot 3 of Plot 4 of Juliasdale in the name of Ethan Augustine Chihuri and Samantha Chihuri.
- Lot 28 Chisipite Township of Chisipite in the name of Samantha Chihuri.
- 828 Mt Pleasant Township of Mt Pleasant, in the name of Nicole Tawonga Chihuri.
- 14453 Bulawayo Township of Stand 15038 Bulawayo Township in the name of Augustine Chihuri.
- 571 Zengeza Township in the name of Augustine Chihuri.
- Lot 7A of the Ranche in the name of Abigail Makono nee Billie (a co-director of Rewstand Enterprises (Pvt) Ltd cited with both her and the company already cited as respondents.
- 18848 Harare Township of Salisbury Township in the name of Abigail Makono nee Billie.
- 5346 Mufakose Township in the name of Beaular Billie. (a co-director of Rewstand Enterprises (Pvt) Ltd and already listed as a respondent).
- Seven residential stands at Police Heights on Gletwin Farm in north-east Harare;
- 9 hectares at Fishponds in Lomagundi district (Deed of Transfer 3177/90);
- Stand 231 in Athlone in Greendale (Deed 1214/85) measuring 4 639 square metres; and
- 431 Quinnington in Borrowdale (5284/14) measuring 5 500 square metres.
Click link below to receive free updates by whatsapp