The opposition Movement for Democratic Change has called on Zimbabweans to protest today because President Emmerson Mnangagwa has made countless promises since he took over in November last year which have turned out to be “nothing but a cocktail of lies”.
It listed seven points why people should join the protest.
- He promised to stabilise the economy in 100 days but today the economy is now worse off than what it was then.
- @edmnangagwa promised to arrest all those who externalised money after the Elections, no one has been arrested and corruption is still the order of the day.
- @edmnangagwa promised Bank queues will disappear in less than 100 days after Elections but now Bank queues are worse with most banks now on weekly encashment of less than $50.
- There were promises of attracting FDI and to recapitalize state enterprises such as ZISCO Steel, NRZ and CSC, but today these companies are in comatose & even failing to pay workers. No investment has been realized a year later, instead more companies are closing
- @edmnangagwa gvt promised to review the working conditions of all civil servants starting with critical areas, but alas the same Civil servants have been banned from demonstrating, nurses were fired, teachers threatened & salaries reduced by over 40% through price increases.
- Mobile transfer charges have gone up with a ridiculous 2% transfer charge on every transaction.
- The regime promised to create employment for tens of thousands university grandaunts but today they are joining millions of unemployed youths. More Zimbabweans are leaving the country than before. It’s time to open our eyes & say enough is enough to this dispensation of lies.