Fast foods group Simbisa Brands says it intends to expand aggressively, and will spend $7 million this year on new projects.
“In 2016, we are looking forward to be opening more branches and drive-throughs. We are looking to spend $7 million towards these new projects and this will be spent locally,” managing director, Warren Meares told The Source.
Simbisa listed on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange last November after unbundling from Innscor Africa. Last year, it has new outlets in Gweru, Gwanda, Bindura, Masvingo, Chiredzi and Harare.
Meares said the group is currently setting up a Chicken Inn drive-through service in Bulawayo along Hillside Road near the Zimbabwe International Trade Fair (ZITF) exhibition centre at a cost of $500, 000.
Simbisa now has 195 counters in Zimbabwe and 196 in the region as of November last year. The group operates its own fast food outlets in Kenya, Zambia, Ghana and the Democratic Republic of Congo as well as franchised operations in Swaziland, Lesotho and Malawi. These regional operations weighed in with $52 million in revenue in FY2014, while the Zimbabwean fast food business, where Innscor enjoys 82 percent market share, contributed $98 million.-The Source
(197 VIEWS)
This post was last modified on January 16, 2016 11:37 am
This is a true story about the challenges and loneliness I faced when my wife…
My first long-form article in booklet form: Why I had a girlfriend two months after…
The editor and publisher of The Insider, Charles Rukuni, has started a whatsapp channel through…
A friend who knows about my legal battle with Zimbabwe’s richest man, Strive Masiyiwa, way…
Britain says amendment of the Zimbabwe constitution is a sovereign, legislative matter for Zimbabwe to…
It is now 47 years since I wrote the short story below for a South…